Tuesday, March 9, 2010

When I get bored...

I decide that I am going to make a stencil that is about five feet long! I've done it before, only that one was about 6 feet in length. I've been reading this blog lately that is all about stuff for your home. For the longest time now I have wanted a headboard of some sort for my bed. I considered making one using a sheet of plywood, some stuffing, fabric and buttons. But those are things I do not have lying around the house, and don't currently have the money to spend getting. However, I do have a roll of mylar, sharpies, a burning tool to cut things out, blue tape and numerous cans of paint. So why not paint a headboard?















Excuse the mess of the bed, the sheets are in the wash. Here the stencil is only half complete, I will be finishing it up later today. I am also going to paint a dark grey boarder around the shapes, just to give it that extra oomph! All of my bedding are browns, greys, turquoises, and blues, so I think this will fit in great. Especially when the sheets are on the bed, and everything is made. The color for this is called Grand Rapids, and it is on the wall opposite of this one, being that three of my walls are Creek Bend (grey) and one is this Grand Rapids color (Dark Turquoise).

No comments:

Post a Comment